SSI React Right(Rescue) Diver Course
Price: 450 Euros
Duration: 2 Days
The SSI React Right Diver course also known as (Rescue Diver Course) designed to further develop a diver’s knowledge and skills, focusing on preventing and managing diving emergencies. This course goes beyond self-rescue and teaches divers how to assist others in various emergency situations. Here’s a detailed overview of the SSI Rescue Diver course:
- To enroll in the SSI Rescue Diver course, participants must have completed the SSI Advanced Adventurer Diver course or an equivalent certification from a recognized agency.
- Participants must also have a valid CPR and First Aid certification obtained within the last two years.
2. Course Structure:
- The Rescue Diver course typically involves a combination of knowledge development sessions, confined water (pool) training, and open water scenarios.
3. Knowledge Development:
- The theoretical component covers topics such as self-rescue, recognizing and managing stress in other divers, emergency management and equipment, assisting panicked divers, responding to unresponsive divers, and managing emergency situations both underwater and at the surface.
4. Confined Water (Pool) Sessions:
- Practical exercises in a confined water environment allow participants to practice rescue techniques, including assisting a tired or panicking diver, providing in-water rescue breaths, and managing unconscious divers.
5. Open Water Scenarios:
- The course includes realistic open water scenarios where participants apply the knowledge and skills learned during the theoretical and confined water sessions. These scenarios simulate various emergency situations, and participants must respond appropriately as part of a team.
6. Skills and Techniques Covered:
- Self-Rescue Techniques: Techniques to manage stress and handle emergency situations personally.
- Recognizing and Managing Stress in Others: Identifying signs of stress in other divers and taking appropriate action.
- Emergency Management and Equipment: Learning to use emergency oxygen and other first aid equipment.
- Assisting Panicked Divers: Techniques for calming and assisting divers experiencing panic underwater.
- Responding to Unresponsive Divers: Training in recognizing and responding to unconscious divers, both at the surface and underwater.
- Search and Recovery: Techniques for searching and recovering missing or lost objects underwater.
7. Role Playing:
- Participants take on different roles during scenarios, such as the rescuer, the victim, or the support team. This helps develop effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Upon successful completion of the SSI Rescue Diver course, participants receive the Rescue Diver certification. This certification is an important step for those interested in pursuing further professional-level training.
- The Rescue Diver course enhances overall diver safety and promotes a greater understanding of the importance of teamwork and communication in emergency situations.
- It is a prerequisite for those considering professional-level training, such as the SSI Divemaster course.